Made of a combination of carbon and aircraft grade 7075 aluminum, the Mountainsmith Carbonlite Pro Trekking Poles could possibly be one of the lightest and most rugged hiking poles in its price range.
The cork grips make it comfortable to use and the anti-shock absorption is necessary for your long hikes especially if you plan to hike the Grand Canyon. Traction is important when it comes to hiking poles and thanks to the carbide tips, these poles will give you the traction you need. The ‘Quick-twist” locking mechanism also gives you piece of mind during those times you need to put all your weight on them.
Take a look at all the features the Mountainsmith Carbonlite Pro Trekking Poles has to offer:
- Three section Carbon & 7075 Aluminum poles
- Cork grips
- Neoprene wrist straps
- Anti-shock absorption system
- Quick-twist locking mechanism
- Threaded trekking baskets for easy on-off application
- Carbide tips
- Rubber boot tips
- Twist-lock turns anti-shock absorber on/off for custom use
- Carbon wrapped Aluminum 7075 composite lamination
- Weight – 1 lb. 2 oz.Compact/Extended Dimensions: 26″ (66cm); 54″ (137cm)
- Save at Altrec Outdoors on Camping and Hiking Equipment
Here’s what another hiker has said about the Mountainsmith Carbonlite Pro Trekking Poles:
I’d buy them again – By butterone
“I purchased two pairs of these polls for our hike up Mt. St. Helens. They worked great. They are easy to expand and detract. They have a great spring in them that allows for a little give when necessary…”
Review Paraphrased for size — view original review here.
CONCLUSION: The Mountainsmith Carbonlite Pro Trekking Poles offer two key features when it comes to hiking poles, lightweight and rugged. You don’t want to the poles to give or collapse when you apply added weight. The Quick-twist locking mechanism locks into place with no worries. They’re not that much expensive at all compared to other hiking poles with similar features which makes these hiking poles worth checking out.